I am a HUGE fan of Masterchef Australia and during the final master class of Masterchef Australia 2012 (we are slightly behind here in SA...), Matt Preston made these delicious looking BBQ chicken wings! So as it is new year and I have been given permission by my personal trainer to indulge moderately during the festive season I decided to make these for New Years for a relaxed lunch! Just a quick note - the chicken has to be in the oven for 3-4 hours, so don't make this dish if you are in a hurry!
Ingredients
- About 1kg chicken wings (I used chicken wings and drumsticks) or just enough to feed the family.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 500ml Coca-Cola
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 2T lemon juice
- 2T soya sauce
Method
- Preheat the oven to 140C. Place the chicken pieces in an oven proof dish.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Make sure the chicken is more or less completely covered.
- Bake in the oven for between 3-4 hours, turning the pieces every hour, until the chicken pieces are coated in the delicious sticky marinade.
- Towards the end of the cooking process watch the marinade carefully as it reduces rather rapidly and can burn.
No comments:
Post a Comment